Long Jump Competition
How Far can you go?
The long jump Competition at the South Padre Island Kite Round-Up is always a crowd favorite.
The contest encompasses everything that a kiteboarding spectator is generally enamored at ...getting Big Air.
Kiteboarding and Kitesurfing is fun to watch, but most don't really understand the potential power that the kites posses until
an experienced kiter sends it and flies into orbit. Whatever your style of getting big air,
whether it be kite loops or old school jumps,
this is the competition to show what you are made of.
How high and how far can you go?
Complete the longest jump down the course, and ride away.
- 10 person MAX / heat
- Heats last 15 - 20+ minutes, at race officials discretion based on # of attempts accomplished by riders, etc
- Riders must leave the water before crossing the fault line
- Riders must exit course and pass nearby officials boat to confirm identity after each (successful) attempt
- Rider can make as many passes through course as possible during heat
- White Flag flying (accompanied by 1 horn blast) - one minute to start of heat
- Green Flag flying (accompanied by 1 horn blast) - heat is on
- -Red Flag flying (accompanied by 1 horn blast) - between heats / heat is ending, riders may make a final pass if en route to course, but not head back out for any more
(When Red Flag is flying, Riders of the next heat should be entering the water, getting in position)
OFFICIALS / ANNOUNCER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Registration begins at days 1st Riders Meeting (10:30am) Riders will be placed in Heats based on order of registration and class
- Start time will be determined based on wind, etc.
- Stage Announcer: on stage
- Relays information regarding Riders meeting times (hourly, starting at 10, until first possibly start, based on wind, etc)
- Relays info regarding heats on the water (competitor results, as called in by race officials) and heats on deck
- Race Official(s):
- 1 man team on jet ski located along side of course drops marker buoy showing longest jump
- 1 man team on Officials Boat records competitor results
- Relays info from Race boat to Stage Announcer.
- Starts and ends Heats (posts flags and sounds horn)
7300 Padre Blvd., South Padre Island, Texas 78597
| 956-299-9463 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All rights reserved © SPI Kite Round-Up |
Graphic and Web Design by Sheetz Design